1. It has three dining areas. Repeat diners won’t fall into the ennui of looking at the same old decor at Caroline’s By the Bay. Caroline’s has three different dining areas: the dining room, the tavern seating and main bar, and the open air deck seating and deck bar.
2. There’s live entertainment. It’s not uncommon to walk into Caroline’s and find a band offering live entertainment to diners and drinkers. Your best bet to hear some awesome local performers is to head to Caroline’s over the weekend, but they regularly update their Facebook with who will be playing and when.
3. Wednesday has extended happy hour. Happy hour at Caroline's normally runs from 4 to 7 p.m. daily. But on Wednesdays, there's an extended happy hour from 2 to 7 p.m. Happy hour specials change from day to day, but popular deals include half-priced draft beers, discounted domestic bottles and tall well drinks for $4.
4. You can book private parties. Looking for a place with great food and an even better view for a baby shower, wedding reception or party? Look no farther than Caroline’s by the Bay, which offers catering and accommodations for private parties.
5. Its location is full of history. The Bay Front Historic District, where Caroline’s can be found, used to be a bustling maritime center. Going all the way back to when the first settlers arrived in what is now Somers Point, people used the area to fish, trade and build boats. So, while you’re sipping your cocktail on the deck, you can think about all the history that happened right on those shores.
CAROLINE’S BY THE BAY
WHERE: 450 Bay Ave., Somers Point
WHEN: 9 a.m. to 2:30 a.m. daily
MORE INFO: Call 609-927-9007 or go to CarolinesNJ.com